Last Updated in January 2018
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Data about you that you provide to us when using the Site. Personal Data may include your name, address, phone number, credit card details, e-mail address, accommodation name, accommodation location and/or length of stay. In addition to this, when using our Site, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect other certain information, such as your IP address, geographic data, your nationality and password, search preferences related to specific searches, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details, and if you participate in an Kitchentobook program there may be limited additional data that we may collect from the accommodation. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation.
Protecting Your Personal Data
To prevent unauthorized access, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic and organizational procedures to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure or access. To protect credit card transactions, Kitchentobook.com currently uses Secure Socket Layer technology to encrypt credit card information during transit.
How We Use the Information We Collect– Credit Card on File
i) General Use: We use Personal Data and other information collected through the Site to (a) register you with the Site and create your user account, (b) provide you with the requested services (mainly to process and confirm your reservation with the accommodation provider or other supplier) after verifying your credentials, (c) provide you with information about our services on the Site or on other websites and to communicate with you (including by post-booking chat support) to the extent necessary to provide such requested services, (d) build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, (e) conduct surveys, (f) for an improved user experience, internal training and general optimization purposes, (g) for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities or (h) contact you in case there is any issue with your booking. This includes faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers.
ii) Marketing Activities & Reminders: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us, set up a user account, complete or enter details into a booking form, or provide us with your contact details we may use your contact information to send you news of products and services relevant and useful for travellers. With your consent – if consent is required under local law – we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter or communication, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you've created one).
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Site, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on the Site, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may send you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you participate in other promotional activities, including but not limited to our referral programs, relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
- Please see the section below titled “Cookies, Page Tags and Data Use” on how we use this data for advertising purposes.
Please note that the confirmation emails and text messages sent after your booking, as well as the guest review emails sent after your departure, are not marketing messages. These messages are part of your accommodation reservation process. Respectively, they contain information for you to check in at your booked accommodation, and tools to optionally rate that accommodation after your stay. You will continue to receive them, even if you have opted out of our marketing messages. Similarly, opting into receiving Price Alerts will not affect any other choices you have made regarding receiving communications from us. If you elect to receive Price Alerts, you will be able to opt out of receiving the same by clicking on the “turn off price alerts” or a similar message found in the Price Alert sent to you.
iii) Credit Card on File: When logging in, you will have the ability to save credit card details to your personal account for faster future bookings and payments. Your card details are always secure using strong encryption and you can always log in to your personal account to delete, edit or add certain credit card details. For security reasons, the number cannot be edited (but the card details can be deleted). When viewing card details, only the last 4 digits of the number will be visible. Please note that we will store the last 4 digits of your credit card securely upon any booking made (this is required to manage any refund requests for that booking).
Sharing Your Personal Data
Kitchentobook.com may share your Personal Data with suppliers such as accommodation properties, third party accommodation suppliers like other third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf, such as third party loyalty programs, web hosting, data analysis, marketing (also on websites of such third parties), customer care, credit card and payment services and related services. All such third parties will be under an obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of the Pe.